Marriott Hotel and Norfolk Waterside at Night
ITFMA's Financial World of Information Technology® Conferences are at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel in Norfolk, VA on April 14-18, 2014 and offers these four concurrently held conferences:
The April 16-18 conference registration fees are $1,595/$1,695 for members/nonmembers, and the April 14-15 optional workshops are $500 per day. The ITFMA group discounted room rate is $124 for single/double occupancy and the government rate will be the prevailing 2014 government per diem. All sleeping rooms and meeting rooms have free high-speed Internet access. To make room reservations, call (757) 627-4200 or (800) 228-9290 by March 14, 2014 and mention "ITFMA (IT Financial Management Association)” to get the discounted room rate.
Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel Lobby
The four conferences will be held at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel in Norfolk, VA. The hotel will provide free Internet access to all attendees staying at the hotel in guestrooms and meeting rooms. The hotel room rate is $124 for single/double occupancy and the government rate will be the prevailing 2014 government per diem. To make room reservations, call (757) 627-4200 or (800) 228-9290 and mention “ITFMA (IT Financial Management Association)” to get the discounted room rate. The hotel may be sold out during this popular time of the year and there is no other hotel nearby that is comparable in quality and price. Reservations must be made by March 14 after which reservations will be accepted on a space and current available rate basis. Calling the hotel before the cut-off date does not guarantee rooms will be available at our special group rate as the hotel is not required to honor this special rate after our block of rooms has been ﬁlled, so reserve your room early. You can always cancel it. For complete information about the hotel, go to www.marriott.com/orfws.
Hotel & Nearby Attractions
- The city of Norfolk borders six other cities including Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Newport News, and Chesapeake
- Steps from the hotel you can catch the ferry across the river to Portsmouth’s Olde Towne featuring a scenic waterfront, upscale dining, a plethora of antique and boutique shops, and the largest collection of historic homes between Alexandria, VA and Charleston, SC.
- The Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel is on the Elizabeth River and in the heart of the Historic District
- FRED is a free shuttle service consisting of road-ready golf carts that can take as many as five passengers around the downtown area.
- The hotel is two blocks from MacArthur Center Mall (features over 140 shops and restaurants), the Chrysler Museum of Art (free demonstrations at the Glass Studio), Nautical Museum, Battleship USS Wisconsin, and historical St. Paul's Episcopal Church
- Nauticus Maritime Museum presents 225 years of naval history and has a maritime-themed science center for kids with an aquarium, hands-on exhibits, interactive theaters, and a variety of educational programs
- Norfolk Botanical Garden is the only botanical garden in the nation that can be toured by trackless train and by boat. This magnificent 155-acre botanical garden has one of the largest collections of roses, azaleas, camellias, and hollies on the East Coast. It also features over 25 themed gardens, bridges, coastal waterways, and 12 miles of pedestrian trails.
- The 1797 Moses Myers House offers an exceptionally accurate portrayal of life in the 18th century and remarkably, 70 percent of the original contents still remain there today.
- For complete information about the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel, please go to www.marriott.com/orfws